Friday, March 26, 2010

Trying to deal with reality

First I tried the Live chat support

[12:05 PM] Gareth: Hello Bock McMillan, my name is Gareth Ontyne. Thank you for contacting Linden Lab Support. How can I help you?
[12:05 PM] Bock McMillan: Hello Gareth
[12:05 PM] Gareth: Hello Bock. :) How can I help?
[12:06 PM] Bock McMillan: The RL person behind my partner passed away on March 12th
[12:07 PM] Bock McMillan: we have a sim together, the tier for that is paid from his Paypal account
[12:08 PM] Bock McMillan: can that payment be transferred to my paypal account instead, or can i pay the tier in his place or how do we go about this - i am totally confused
[12:08 PM] Gareth: OK Bock, firstly I'm sorry to hear about your partner passing away - my condolances.
[12:09 PM] Gareth: Could you tell me about your land, is it a private island that you both owned?
[12:09 PM] Bock McMillan: thx gareth, bless you
[12:09 PM] Bock McMillan: its group owned, we rent from LL
[12:10 PM] Bock McMillan: i have the sim number, if that helps
[12:11 PM] Bock McMillan: Southern Charm located at sim5435.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.49.182:13002) Second Life Server 1.36.4.202355
[12:11 PM] Gareth: OK Bock, thanks very much. As the resident has passed away, what we normally would do in this instance is ask for a death certificate and then switch the payment over to another resident. However, since this is not possible in this instance, what you would have to do is submit a support ticket requesting the transfer of this land to yourself. This may take a little while to be done but unfortunately we can't do this from Live Chat as we will need to investigate the matter and then begin the transfer.
[12:12 PM] Gareth: You can submit a support ticket by going to: http://secondlife.com/support and click on Submit a Ticket. If you fill in the webform with the details of the situation, we'll escalate that to our Administration department and it will be upto them on the decision that is made.
[12:13 PM] Bock McMillan: the tier is due around the 6-8th
[12:13 PM] Bock McMillan: can i pay in his place?
[12:14 PM] Gareth: You wouldn't be able to unless you had access to his account.
[12:14 PM] Bock McMillan: no i do not
[12:14 PM] Bock McMillan: i meant pay it for the sim from my account
[12:14 PM] Bock McMillan: sorry
[12:15 PM] Bock McMillan: ill submit a ticket
[12:15 PM] Gareth: Then you would have to wait until the Administration team dealt with the matter. I am sorry about that but unfortunately we have to ensure that it's dealt with properly and sensitively.
[12:15 PM] Bock McMillan: you already told me you could not do anything from here
[12:15 PM] Bock McMillan: Thx Gareth
[12:16 PM] Gareth: Not a problem Bock, is there anything else that I can help you with today?

(Yes, I do remember I have told you I hate those pasted conversations with timestamps! So boring, but this time I feel it is necessary!)
....

Then I submitted a ticket

Ticket Summary
Ticket #: 4051-xxxxxxxxxx
Email Notification (Contact Info): Yes
Status: New
Date Created: 26/3/2010 10:01 AM PDT
Last Updated: 26/3/2010 10:01 AM PDT
Ticket Description

Summary: Ramifications of SL partners passing

Preferred Language: English
Details: XXXXXX "Doug" XXXXXX, the man behind the avatar Ars Northmead, passed away peacefully on Friday March 12th 2010 at 8.30 pm PST/SLT in Little Rock, Arkansas.

(Dougs online obituary can be seen here http://deleted.information/)

Ars has been my partner in SL since more than two years, although we did not "officially" partner over the SL-system until just a month before his passing away. During those two years we have lived together and had our home on the "Southern Charm"-sim located at sim5435.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.49.182:13002)Second Life Server 1.36.4.202355.

A couple of months ago we bought the sim together from the previous owner Slyder Jewell (in your papers it could look like Ars bought it alone but I always payed him half the tier through his Paypal account minus what we got in tier from our only tenant X X.)

The sim is group owned by the group X in which Ars is stated as the owner and I as the only officer.

The tier for the sim has been paid through a subscription to Ars´ Paypal-account x.x.@x.com. (Ars also had another parcel at the X-sim for business reasons - I do not know how payment for that was made or to whom.)

----

I do not want to lose the sim which has been my home with Ars for so long. How do I go about paying for the sim in the future? Please note, tier payments are due around the 6-8th in every month.

1. Can the payment for the Southern Charm sim be transferred to my Paypal-account instead?

2. How do I do about setting this up and what do I need?

3. If 1-2 are not possible, how do I go about paying you for the sim in Ars place, that is without setting me up as owner.

....

Please help me! I am desperate and do not wish to lose our home and all my memories of Ars too.

That reminds me! My Ars has done alot of work on the sim and has put out many objects to make it a beautiful place for us to live in.

Some people tell me that all those things go back into my Ars inventory and disappear when - as they tell me - his SL-account is deleted due to inactivity after three months. Is there some way this can be prevented???

Please help me and tell me what I can do to save our sim and our home. His RL family has told me they will do anything they need to do to help me.

.................

Jag är så rädd att förlora vår vackra sim och allt det vi har byggt upp tillsammans (...och ja, jag förlorade fattningen på slutet...)










............

Then I received the following e-mail:

Från: no-reply@secondlife.com [mailto:no-reply@secondlife.com]

Skickat: den 26 mars 2010 18:32
Till: x.x@.x.se
Ämne: Ticket #4051-xxxxxxx: Sent Information (Ramifications of SL partners passing)

We have some information about your issue.

Comment(s): Hello Bock,
Thank you for contacting Linden Lab Support with your issue.

I am going to escalate this ticket to the appropriate department and they will contact you shortly via email regarding your request. In the meantime, if you need to contact us again about this issue, please add a comment to this ticket rather than creating a new ticket. I've attached instructions on how to do this below:

HOW CAN I REOPEN A TICKET I SUBMITTED?

My Support History allows you to review, reopen, provide additional information or add a comment to a ticket that has already been submitted.

Visit http://www.secondlife.com/support

Click Submit a Ticket
Click My Support History, located at the top of the page
Click My Tickets, a link located under the My Support History link
Choose a ticket from the list of tickets
Available options for your ticket are listed at the bottom of the website

Thanks for your patience in this regard.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.

Kind regards,
Tiruo
Linden Lab Support

------
Foto: Kent Hutchinson, KH Photography
SLurl: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Pocasset/47/58/690

9 comments :

  1. Fyyyyyy så jobbigt för dig Bock =(( Hoppas verkligen detta löser sig nu!!!

    Stora varma kramar!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Du var beundransvärt lugn och samlad Bock.

    Kram!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Du var tydlig.Du förlorade inte fattningen.Tyvärr får man dessa autosvar som verkar väldigt kalla ..
    Jag tror dock inte du behöver oroa dej för att Ars account blir raderat i alla fall inte inom 3 månader.Jag kollade en sedan länge skapad alt som jag inte loggat in på sen minst 6 månader,hon finns kvar idag med.Klen tröst men dock
    Kram Zigga

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fina, goa Bock. Du är så stark i allt det du går igenom nu. Hoppas så mycket på att det här kommer bli så bra som möjligt.

    Kramar till dig!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ursäkta mitt utbrott.... jävla helvetes LL att va omständinga!!!!
    hoppas det löser sig och det fort
    pöss

    ReplyDelete
  6. Åååh. Bock! Hoppas det går bra med det där.
    Kraaamisar.

    PS. Platon dog för över ett år sedan, hans Avatar finns fortfarande kvar. Men han ägde ju inte en sim köpt direkt från LL, så i det fallet gick bytet av ägarskapet på marken smidigt. Däremot så var det bara att returnera hans rezzade saker, dom kommer aldrig tillbaka.
    Det var ett tungt "klick" med musknappen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jävla LL som sagt!! ..Hoppas det löser sig för dig Bock! ..

    I ditt fall borde det finnas en livesupport som tar sig tid att åka över till simen och hjälpa dig med Ars saker på plats .. Inte nog att du har din sorg att bära på sen ska du behöva kämpa för att du ska få överleva på SL utan din Ars på bästa sätt ..

    Håller alla tummar jag har för att det ska lösa sig fort.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lider med dig Bock :(

    Hoppas verkligen att en vettig och förstående människa på Linden får din ticket direkt när dom börjar jobba imorgon... och som verkligen tar tag i ditt problem för att hitta en lösning så att du slipper oroa dig!

    Det är tungt att behöva ta tag i alla problem och frågeställningar, när man helst av allt bara vill bädda ner sig och aldrig stiga upp igen...

    Vi är många som tänker på dig.. och vi finns här för dig!

    Kram!

    ReplyDelete

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).