Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Trying to deal with reality IV

It´s been awhile since I updated here. This is what has happened since then.

On April 1st I payed the full tier of 295 USD to Ars PayPal account. I did this in the hope that the subscription for the sim tier that Ars had told me about was still in place, so that the tier payment for April could be automatically deducted from there by Linden Lab. If nothing else that would at least give us a little time and the sim would not be shut down due to non-payment of tier.

I haven´t gotten any confirmation that the tier has been paid.

On April 9th we finally got Ars death certificate and the letter from his Estate to Linden Lab, both as a fax to the legal team and as attachments to the ticket. (Ars father had first tried faxing it to Linden Labs legal team without success for several days.)

The letter from Ars Estate to Linden Labs:

"Linden Labs
Attn: Legal Department – Fax No. 415-243-9045

Re: Ticket No. 4051-7546025 (Closed) Ramifications of SL Partner Passing
(Ars FirstLife name). SL Avatar Ars Northmead Southern Charm sim 5435.agni.lindenlab.com

Attached is copy of Death Certificate for (Ars FirstLife name). who passed away March 12, 2010.

(Ars FirstLife name) died without a known will. Under Arkansas law in the absence of a will, his estate goes to his surviving parents which in this case is the undersigned.

We, beneficiaries of the estate, have no objection to (my FirstLife name) “Bock” as surviving partner in ownership of sim 5435 taking over (Ars FirstLife name) interest in sim 5435.

If there are other SL properties held by (Ars FirstLife name) that need to be disposed of please advise.

Sincerely,
(Ars fathers name)"

When I added the documents to the ticket at Linden Lab I also asked them to contact me if they needed additional information or - if need be - Ars father directly (as they may not trust communication with me in some matters). Hopefully they - or I - will not need to worry Ars father anymore. It´s a terrible thing for a parent to lose a child.

As I wrote to Ars sister in a mail after she had informed me that the fax mentioned above had been sent to Linden Labs and was sorry for the delay because her father was "a little under the weather": I can completely understand that your father is a little under the weather. My younger sister passed away in cancer a few years ago and my parents were completely devastated by that for a long time. As my father keeps repeating "Children are not supposed to pass before their parents." I am also terribly sorry I have had to burden him with the matter with Linden Labs at this difficult point in his life. Hopefully Linden Labs will now act according to our wishes and we can leave your father to the more important matter of caring for himself and your mother. Please tell your father I am very grateful that he took the time for this.

I check my mail every morning before I go to work, every evening when I come home from work and every night before going to bed.

Meanwhile I try to convince myself that no news is better than a flat refusal and wait...



The pictures used in this post are by Kent Hutchinson, KH Photo, see SLurl in earlier posts. 

5 comments :

  1. käre du
    jag hoppas att allt blir som i Muminmammans värld, att allt ordnar sig..

    ReplyDelete
  2. keeping fingers crossed:) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Håller alla tummar o tår för dig! Krammmm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW bilderna av ARS särkilt den sista i svartvitt
    Den är så fin..han ser ut som en riktig Människa..
    precis som han var!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jag önskar så att du snart får besked och att det blir ett medmänskligt sådant.

    Vill att det ska ordna sig så bra som möjligt både för dig och för Ars rl-familj.

    Kramar!

    /Millimina

    ReplyDelete

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).